Our journey through life with hemiplegic cerebral palsy and infantile spasms

Thursday, August 9, 2012

What a pleasant surprise

I started my morning by calling up on Karsen's services to get him in for more physical therapy and occupational therapy. I was dreading this call, especially since I'm essentially firing one of Karsen's physical therapists. Wow! It was a shock at how nice and easy it was to get through to the right person. Really nice people. That's a first! Karsen will be getting a new physical therapist and a new occupational therapist, but of course we aren't getting rid of Mary Beth! I couldn't ever get rid of her. She's not only Karsen's amazing OT but she's my life line! Cheesy, I know. But she truly is amazing. She has been working with kids with CP for over 8 years. Her knowledge and her passion for her job is inspiring. I would actually love to be a OT once the boys are older. Work with special needs babies. Sound like an amazing job. Anyways, tomorrow I will be calling Karsen's new PT to set up his new schedule (she doesn't work today or else we would have had it set up already.) and then hopefully setting up some OT too. I'm really excited to meet this staff of people a second time. The first time I met them they were all so nice and welcoming. Nothing has changed as far as I can tell from the phone call. I guess I'm so use to thing being such an ugly process but I guess all my hard work in the beginning has paid off. All of our ducks seem to be in a row. I do, however, have to be a squeaky wheel with the referral that is waiting for a response from the pediatric ophthalmology, for Karsen's problem with his eyes. Normally I would be hounding every hour, but his eye seems to come and go and hasn't seemed as urgent as everything else in his case. Got a phone call and a message in to them this morning, tomorrow morning I will proceed with the same work. ;-) We'll do anything for our kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment