Our journey through life with hemiplegic cerebral palsy and infantile spasms

Monday, August 13, 2012

New PT

Today Karsen had his first session with his new physical therapist, to replace the one I was not happy with at all. It went surprisingly well. She was very nice and willing to push Karsen, which is what he needs. I can see that we made the right decision by firing the old PT and find her. For now, we will be seeing her once a week. She will be having Karsen's new OT call us to set up our first session with him. She even mentioned the possibility of having two OT sessions a week, one for feeding and one to cover all the other stuff. This put me at ease. I've been so stressed about his eating issues. I would love to see some progress in the food department for this. She also mentioned him needing an AFO(ankle foot orthopedic) soon as well as a different hand splint. This kid and his growing is unreal! I have been keeping all of his splints as little keepsakes, weird I know but it doesn't feel right to just throw them away, plus they were so tiny! Tomorrow Karsen has his first play group therapy session. I'm not sure what to expect. I've heard good things but it just sounds weird. There aren't any other kids in the group that have CP, so it's hard to imagine a play group with kids that all have a different diagnosis. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment