Our journey through life with hemiplegic cerebral palsy and infantile spasms

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

What did I get myself into

Today we met Karsen's new OT, Tom. First impression: very nice, maybe in his 40's, had the worst bo I've smelled in a while. It was very distracting. I hope he wont smell every visit. lol But I can suffer through some stench if it gets my son the help he needs. Looks like Karsen will be getting yet another new thumb splint. He got fitted today at his appointment. He also got bumped up to two visits a week for his new OT. Here's our current schedule:
Mondays:PT @11:00
Tuesdays:OT@8:00AM Play group therapy@11:00
Wednesdays:OT@8:00AM
Thursdays: FREE!
Fridays:OT@11:00
I'm getting tired just looking at it! In the midst of all of this craziness, Karter is starting preschool! He'll be there Tuesdays and Thursdays. So there goes my free Thursdays. ha. I am so excited and nervous for Karter be starting preschool. He SO needs something for himself. Something that is 100% for him. Thanks to two of my amazing friends, since Tuesdays are crazy packed for me, one of my friends will take Karter to school in the morning and my other friend will pick him up and meet me after Karsen's group therapy session. Thank God for friends! At some point I want to be able to pay it forward. Speaking of paying it forward, I decided yesterday I wanted to do something random and nice for a complete stranger since I was taking Karter to one of my friends house while Karsen was at group. So, I did the Starbucks things. I paid for the car behind me. I almost wanted to wait and see the persons reaction but I also didn't want to seem creepy or stalker ish. lol. It felt so good. Such a simple thing to do and it made my day so much brighter. So, I challenge you, pay it forward. Brighten someones day. You never know, they may have been having the worst day until you did some random act of kindness. It doesn't happen enough. 
Here's an old pic I ran across that melts my heart. 


No comments:

Post a Comment