Our journey through life with hemiplegic cerebral palsy and infantile spasms

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

It's about time

Last night Karsen went to bed at his usual time, 7:00PM. No matter what time we have put him to bed he always seems to wake up at 5:30ishAM not to mention him waking up in the middle of the night to nurse.... *sigh* Sleep is hard to come by in this house. Well, I woke up this morning to my oldest getting out of bed, 7:00AM. What?! Karsen is STILL sleeping? I decided I had to peak in at him (paranoid mom moment) and make sure he was still breathing, plus I kind of missed him. He looked so peaceful, and sleeps pretty funny. Every time I've seen him sleep he sleeps with his right foot through the slots on his crib. Silly boy. Well, he finally woke up at 7:40AM. 12.5 hours of uninterupted sleep! He woke up so happy, as well as Kuper and I. I don't anticipate this being a trend but boy was it nice to get a full night of sleep. It was in good in timing, today we have a neuro appointment which always makes for a long day of driving. For the first time I'm really excited to go see the neuro. When we last talked we had discussed the good possibility of Karsen seeing a neuro surgeon. Since he is STILL seizure free!!!!!! he most likely wont need to see the neuro surgeon. I'm pretty sure this appointment will be pretty routine, finally. Lets just hope the drive there and back with our two monsters goes smoothly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment