Our journey through life with hemiplegic cerebral palsy and infantile spasms

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Movin along

Yesterday Karsen started to move oh so slightly on his tummy. He's so close to army crawling! I now ealize I need to watch what is on the ground. It's been so easy just sitting him somewhere and not worrying about whats a good two feet or so away from him. The other day he got himself to our toy shelves and boxes and pulled some of Karters toys (total chocking hazard) down to play with. I was SO proud but also realized I need to start watching my little mover. :-) We have yet another email in to our neuro waiting to hear back from her. Still waiting on insurance to approve the referral for ophthalmology. I've been staying true to my name and been a pretty good squeaky wheel. We are mid way through the week of a adjusting to our crazy busy schedule. Today is one of our more mellow days. We had OT bright and early and in a few we'll be leaving for the boys cousins birthday party at the Lake. It's a nice break from all the therapy. Excited to see all my friends. I don't know if Karter is more excited or if I am. lol. Friday we get a therapy break. Sara can't make it so we are taking the day to head up to Silver lake where my moms side of the family is all camping. We will NOT be camping! ha ha I'm very serious about this. We do a family camping trip every year and the past two years turned into a nightmare. Kuper and I got very little sleep both times, so I learned my lesson, we will not be camping until we are set up with a tent trailer, Tent camping is not for us. I'm not a total camping snob but you try to go camping with two kids, one of which being special needs requiring much equipment to keep him entertained and fed. Ok maybe I am a camping snob but I love my bed, and my bed loves me. ;-) I tried to get Karsen on video of him moving around but my video skills while trying intise him aren't the best, lets just say I'd probably give you motion sickness. Hopefully soon I can get Kuper to help me so I can catch it on camera(I almost said tape.... tape? really? geez! Now I feel old!) Well, off to wrap the presents for the two birthday boys, yes I'm a procrastinator, at least I didn't have to go buy the presents today. lol And off to the lake we go! Happy Hump Day! Oh and if you're wondering, yes the OT still has horrible BO. :-/ Let's hope summer passes soon! ha ha
Wish I had room for a bean bag chair my size! The boys watching Lorax.

No comments:

Post a Comment