Our journey through life with hemiplegic cerebral palsy and infantile spasms

Monday, August 27, 2012

Sleep, how I've missed you

I think it's safe to say Karsen is officially sleeping through the night. It took him 13 months but he's finally doing it! Occasionally he'll wake up a little earlier than Kuper and I would like but all in all we are pretty happy with the fact our sleep is now uninterrupted. Karsen and Karter both go to bed at the same time, 7:00PM and generally wake up around the same time, 6:00AM ish. That's not half bad! I'm not a morning person so the 6AM isn't what I would choose but I'm adjusting. My husband would laugh at that. I'm so spoiled. He wakes up with the boys and takes care of them both in the mornings while he gets ready for work, so I can get an extra hour of sleep. I'm so lucky to have him, but don't you dare tell him I said that, lol. He might stop waking up with the boys. ;-) At some point I really want to get into a morning routine of all of us having breakfast together so now that I'm actually getting sleep I can starting thinking about it.... thinking... lol Karsen is doing so much better eating! He is able to eat pancakes now! It takes him quite a while but he doesn't seem to mind sitting in his high chair for an hour with my full attention. ha. He still doesn't have the pincher grasp yet so he isn't able to feed himself food with the exception of graham crackers or mum mums. We are still struggling with sippys. He hates them. He doesn't get that he has to suck on them to make fluid come out. The best luck we have had is just with a regular cup. But last night I was actually able to get him to drink out of  a sippy but I poked a hole in it to make it come out with out sucking. So, we're taking baby steps. He's doing much better though. Only nurses three times a day now. I'm starting to feel like a mom and not a dairy cow. ha. I'm going to have to start harassing our insurance about the referral for the ophthalmologist. Still haven't heard back. Grrrrr! Darn insurance! So, the squeaky wheel returns.

No comments:

Post a Comment