Our journey through life with hemiplegic cerebral palsy and infantile spasms

Monday, September 24, 2012

Wait to make an appointment

I finally heard back from Karsen's neuro today (thanks to me, the squeaky wheel). After a few conversations and a few back and forth emails I think our neuro's nurse practitioner understood that I wasn't going to back down. The plan is to get Karsen in for an in patient video EEG. I believe it will be for 24-48 hours, maybe more if needed. We would have set up the appointment already but the expert in charge of the video EEG's is out until Wednesday. So, we wait... to schedule an appointment. That seems quite stupid to me but, in true squeaky wheel form, I will be calling first thing Wednesday morning... Ok, maybe I'll cut her a break and wait until mid day on Wednesday ;-).  I'm glad we'll be getting some answers soon but quite sad that I'll most likely have to be away from Karter while Karsen is in the hospital, not to mention Kuper too. :-(  Ready to get this all moving. I don't know if you haven't noticed, but I'm not a patient person, especially when it comes to my kids. So, here I shall sit and keep praying and waiting... and squeaking ;-) Thanks for all the prayers.
In the mean time, Mary Beth and I tried out Kinesio taping. It's the taping you probably saw on all the Olympians. We tried it out on Karsen's arm to help him to release it a bit and not be so tense. He actually was using his arm for weight baring a lot more than he did with out. Check out this side sitting shot with both hands in front, weight baring. This never happens. The blue tape on his left arm is the kinesio tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment