Our journey through life with hemiplegic cerebral palsy and infantile spasms

Friday, September 21, 2012

Waiting and praying

For the past copuple of weeks, Kuper and I have been feeling like Karsen isn't progressing as fast as he should. I ignored it and chalked it up to being impatient, and each child with cp moves at their own pace. Today, we had our usual OT session with my now close friend, Mary Beth. We started talking and I proceeded to tell her how I was pushing to get a 24 hour EEG for Karsen. When I said that, I opened a whole can of worms. She had been feeling the same way as I did about Karsen's progression. She also talked to the people that see Karsen at play group therapy and they agreed. I'm so grateful for Mary Beth, I feel she cares as much about Karsen as I do. We both agreed something isn't right. The research I have been doing in infantile spasms and their return and the change into other seizures set the pace for my panic. I hopped on the phone while Mary Beth was still here to call our neuro and tell her I'm 99% sure there is seizure activity and his OT, PT, and I believe it to be a serious problem. So, here I am, waiting.... and on my knees praying. Praying for a fast call back, praying for the protection of my sweet boy. I'm trying to not jump the gun, but something needs to happen. As I've told people before, but apparently don't listen to what I say myself, a mothers intuition will beat any doctors degree. So, here I am. The squeaky wheel is back. If I don't hear from our neuro by 4:00PM I'm am calling her back again, and pushing hard. I know she's busy, but after my discussion with Mary Beth and what Karsen's other PT's said this is urgent, this needs immediate attention. So, please pray for Karsen, pray for speedy service, and please pray for me. I know God has control on this. I just need to keep reminding myself that. 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. The neuro never called back yesterday. :-( which is not like her. So now we have to wait the whole weekend. The squeaky wheel is back.

      Delete