Our journey through life with hemiplegic cerebral palsy and infantile spasms

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Break

Today, I decided to cancel Karsen PT appointment. Don't worry I planned on cancelling it so I had it cancelled about two weeks ago. Today we will be going to play with friend, while I go for my 6 mile run with my friend. Then after, heading off to the bike trail to have some much needed girl time and go for a walk. I will definitely be getting my cardio in today. I feel it's important to take a break from time to time, even if it's just for one day. I know I could use some fun and I know my boys can too. So today.... today is all about fun. Oh and of course sneak in an annoying phone call if I don't hear from the EEG tech by noon. ;-) Laundry can wait, the floor can be moped tomorrow, and one more day for the diaper laundry to sit isn't the end of the world. I need to tell myself that more often. I love a clean, spotless, good smelling house, but I love making memories more. Heck, maybe I'll take the boys to apple hill after their nap. And today? Today I am not going to give myself a guilt trip about not doing enough therapy with Karsen. Don't get me wrong, I know at some point I will be able to squeeze in a small session here and there but that's not my focus today. Today my focus is to love on my boys and have fun and not stress. What will you be doing today? Whatever it may be, don't give yourself a guilt trip about not doing the other. Life is too short, and precious. Live in today. Soak up the fun!
Karsen testing out our new stroller while brother was napping. 

2 comments:

  1. Hey sissy! Good for you! Fun is very important too! Not just for the boys, but for you too!!

    What am I doing today that's fun? Party shopping time! I am going to costco for party food supplies, then to Party America for balloons and helium. FUN! Now, I do have to mix in some not fun stuff. I am getting the truck an oil change and a car wash, then to kaiser for more asthma meds, to Sears for a water filter and then PetSmart for a new battery for the bark collar. Lots to do today! Let's hope my asthma satys under control while I am out. ;-)
    The thing I am not going to feel guilty about? That I can't dust my bedroom or clean the master bath due to my asthma. Jake said he would do it (so nice of him) and I do feel guilty about it, but I am going to take your advice and let goof the guilt. Boom!

    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. Sometimes every thing else can wait while we take a little time to just enjoy spending time with the kids.

    ReplyDelete