Our journey through life with hemiplegic cerebral palsy and infantile spasms

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Time to taper

Karsen's appointments went great yesterday! We got the OK to start tapering him off the prednisone. Last night was the first night, and boy could we tell a difference already! He slept SO much better. This morning, he's been wanting to play with his toys more and so much more alert. I can't wait until he's off of it completely. Our hope is once he's off the prednisone, his seizures wont return. 
We have a follow up appointment 4 weeks from now. I love his neurologist but the drive is KILLING me! It wipes out a whole day! I'm so thankful my hubby takes the time off to come down with me so I don't have to tackle two kids in the car for more than 6 hours alone. But I feel awful he has to use his vacation time to have it sucked up by mostly driving and two cranky kids since they've been crammed in the car for so long. It makes for a rough day for all. 
Karsen's PT had to cancel on Monday because she was sick, so I'm going to try to make up for it and do some serious PT today, especially since we lost a whole day yesterday as well. 
Happy 4th of July! Hope you all have a fabulous day! Enjoy your independence! 

1 comment:

  1. Prednisone is such a strong medication. My kids only took it for poison oak....but I am so glad that little sweet man gets to taper off of it now. I hope (and am praying) that the seizure cycle is broken.

    ReplyDelete