Our journey through life with hemiplegic cerebral palsy and infantile spasms

Friday, July 20, 2012

A year ago

A year ago today mark Karsen's due date. I was convinced he was going to come early, but low and behold three days late he came into this world. Today Karsen gets to have his OT session at the center. I'm pretty excited about this one. We'll be able to use all of their fun equipment. It's been two weeks since he's seen Mary Beth and I can't wait for her to see the progress he has made. He's still not moving and I wouldn't expect him to anytime soon but he's so much more confident sitting and is starting to play a lot! It makes me so happy to see him actually wanting to play with toys and having so much fun. Yesterday, one of my close friends helped me out a ton! I had to get all of the stuff for Karsen's party for Saturday. Since I couldn't hold Karsen it made it really difficult to get around, I couldn't even figure out how  was going to get Karsen in and out of the car. Thank God for amazing friends. For the first time in a long time I wasn't sad for Karsen. My friends son is 4 months younger than Karsen I believe, and he was army crawling all over the place. So neat to see babies learn how to do things. Normally I would be pouting to myself about how Karsen isn't moving, but he's made so many improvements and he was just so happy to be sitting and playing with Eli's toys. Hard to be sad when he's so happy. I felt that yesterday was a pretty big breakthrough for me emotionally. May sound small and simple to you but huge for me. So, today my mission is to make the cupcakes for Karsen's party and attempt to clean up the house with out over doing it. I don't know how people that have a disability have kids. I'm exhausted! I can't wait for my ankle to be back to normal.

1 comment:

  1. You are learning the lessons of acceptance sweet mama. Acceptance sets us free to savor what *is.* Happy early birthday adorable little Karsen.

    ReplyDelete