Our journey through life with hemiplegic cerebral palsy and infantile spasms

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Party time

Yesterday we celebrated Karsen's first birthday with friends and family. It was the perfect amount of people. Not too many, although I think at times Karsen may have been over stimulated. Oh, and I forgot to mention that he got bonked with a box by one of his friends and then another one of his friends bit his toe. lol Yep that's right, bit his toe. To Eli's defense I think he thought it was a puff but holy moly did Karsen have a teeth mark on his toe. It took awhile to calm him down. But all in all, it was a successful party. He loved his ice cream cake, although he still doesn't get the concept of putting food in his mouth with his own hand so I was having to scoop it into his mouth myself while he proceeded to play with the frosting. (Made me a little sad he couldn't enjoy the simple pleasure of diving into your birthday cake, maybe next year). So many of Karsen's friends were there, even his hemi pal Olivia who is just two weeks younger than him! I'm so blessed and happy to have Marlisa (Olivia's mom) and Olivia in our lives. It's made this journey easier to handle having a friend that understands exactly what I've been going through. And Geez, Olivia is just so darn cute!
Olivia and Marlisa
 Our perfect little family
 The birthday boy
 Cake time!

These two know how to tug at my heart strings. Love my boys!


No comments:

Post a Comment