Our journey through life with hemiplegic cerebral palsy and infantile spasms

Friday, July 13, 2012

Bad timing

Why does it seem, whenever your child gets sick, your dog eats chocolate, you hurt your back, ect, your doctors office is closed? Is that a part of murphys law? I don't like it.
Over the past 4 or so days, Kuper and I have noticed Karsen's right eye starting to pull inward. It's been only happening every now and then but today it was really bad. Here's the weird thing, if one of his eyes were to be weaker and pulling off one direction it should be his left, his affected side. Of course Karsen's eye doctors office is closed on Fridays. OF COURSE! So, I emailed our neuro. As always she was very prompt with getting back to me, with in 5 minutes after I sent the email. I will drive 6 hours round trip to her in a heart beat! She's amazing! Our concern was a possibility of side effect from the meds, or another type of seizure development. So, next order of business.... Catch it on video and email it over. I can't tell you how grateful I have that we have the technology we have today. It has saved us so many times. So, here I am waiting for Karsen to wake up from his nap to put my phone straight in his face for a few minutes. Let's hope murphys law doesn't come into play, I want to catch it on film! (Whoa, film? Did I really just say that? Do people say that anymore?) And as far as we know, Karsen is still seizure free! Sunday will be three weeks.


1 comment: