Our journey through life with hemiplegic cerebral palsy and infantile spasms

Monday, July 16, 2012

99% sure

Over the weekend Karsen's eye problem has seem to get worse. Today during PT I didn't say anything to her to see if she noticed. First thing out of his mouth is "Has Karsen seen an eye doctor yet?" *sigh* Wednesday can't come soon enough. About an hour before PT I'm pretty sure Karsen had a seizure. *Grrrrr* My heart sank when I saw the first spasm. I sent an email and made a phone call to our neurologist. We are waiting to hear back from them. They should be calling today. I'm just not sure if they are going to try to switch something around or if they are going to refer us to a neuro surgeon right away. I so badly want Karsen to had a 1st birthday party like any other kid would have. The two fears that pop into my brain is non stop seizures during the party, or appointment with the neuro surgeon that prevents us from having the party. I feel like I've been able to be pretty up beat and positive about everything with Karsen but he also wasn't having any seizures either. So here I sit, waiting for a phone call. Seems like all I can do is wait, and that's the part that is the hardest for me. I want to be able to dive in and fix things, then hit the problem head on. Move forward. We just can't seem to get past this seizure hump. Lets hope we can get this sorted before the weekend so we can celebrate our little mans birthday along with my hubby and my 6th anniversary!

Here's a pic where you can see what his eyes are doing. They have NEVER done this before.

No comments:

Post a Comment