Our journey through life with hemiplegic cerebral palsy and infantile spasms

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Not quite himself

Ever since Karsen started the new drugs, he's just not seems like himself. It's becoming more obvious to me. I was hoping it was temporary but it hasn't gone away. He's been on the meds for three weeks now. He doesn't have much drive to play, doesn't seem interested in any of his toys, and doesn't smile or babble nearly as much. So, he's been seizure free but is this the price we pay? It breaks my heart to see him this way. No child should have to live their live in a haze of drugs. We have an appointment on the 3rd. I'm so impatient I am going to send our neuro an email right after I post this. I just have that gut feeling something is not right. On top of this, Karsen has had a few random days of scream crying, where he just seems miserable. I'm wondering if it is a migraine or if it's something with the seizures. I hate having all these unanswered questions. Lets hope we get some answers soon. Please pray for my little man. Off I go to email the neuro.

No comments:

Post a Comment