Our journey through life with hemiplegic cerebral palsy and infantile spasms

Friday, October 5, 2012

Preparing

Fridays are almost always my lay low days. We have our OT or home visitor come out on Fridays at 11:00. So, it's the perfect excuse for me to stay home and get stuff done. My fall decorations are out, the laundry is going, the dishes are clean, the windows are open and my fall scented candles are lit. This is a perfect day at home. But what makes it even more perfect? Karsen got from laying down to sitting up, 100% on his own! On our typical lazy Friday, I put on a movie for Karter, Elf. He loves that movie. Well, Karsen was rolling around and noticed a movie was on, and started to watch it on his stomach and twisted up. He did not look very comfortable. I was trying to coax him to at least scoot so he could see better but instead he just decided to sit up! Woo hoo! This is huge for him. This means he can actually get from laying down to sitting up on his own rather than crying at me. Well, looks like I FINALLY have to put his crib down to the lower notch. That's right, I still have his crib at the highest notch. lol So, today I'm finishing cleaning up the house, and then making a list of what to pack for Karsen and my trip to Stanford. Lots of books will be packed. I think it's going to be quite hard for me to not be busy with a million things. I'm going to enjoy every second of spending so much my undivided attention with Karsen. Any ideas as to what to pack for a 48 hour in hosptial EEG besides books?

Me and my sweet boys.

4 comments:

  1. Activity ideas:

    Suduko
    crosswords puzzles
    kokology (have both books. They are mini psychological quizes that are super fun)
    iPod
    Knitting
    A trashy magazine with quizes
    nail polish for painting your fingernails
    mad libs
    Nikkon to take artistic hospital pics with
    embroidery
    plan your next mini vacation, even if it is just for the day.
    Call your sissy
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A laptop!
    I love the picture. Karter is so cute....full of adventure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to convience Kuper I "needed" an Ipad for this trip.... lol A laptop would absolutely help... if I had one.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like my Fridays except the therapy. Friday is our therapy free day!

    ReplyDelete