Our journey through life with hemiplegic cerebral palsy and infantile spasms

Friday, May 25, 2012

So proud!!!

Today Karsen had his usual Friday physical therapy. We've been working on him weight baring on both arms. This quite hard on his left side and some what hard on his right. Today, the first thing Mary Beth did was put him on his shin, legs tucked under so he can try to weight bare just a little. What does he do?! BAM! Fully extended, both arms weight baring!!!! We were both so blown away. I almost started crying, not hard to do these days, who am I kidding... not hard to do in general. For those of you out there with a baby that is (I hate to say this word because no kid is really truly) normal; treasure every moment, every milestone, even the little ones I, myself, took for granted with Karter. I know weight baring for a normal baby is still exciting but I find a serious amount of exhilaration from my little mans accomplishments. I'm so proud of my little man! Karsen, I know you are going to take on every obstetrical head on and overcome every hardship! I love you more than words can express!
I'm one beaming proud mama!
As you can tell, physical therapy is hard work... no smiling picture here but such a huge accomplishment!

3 comments:

  1. Alright Karsen!!! That boy has some determination! Great news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weight baring AND growing teeth at the same time!? No WONDER he isn't smiling :)...but WE are. YES, he will learn and grow each day and I think he is learning how to be strong from you and his daddy. Hang in there Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you.....and him!!! Impossible will never exist and he is amazing and perfect in every way;)

    ReplyDelete