Our journey through life with hemiplegic cerebral palsy and infantile spasms

Friday, May 18, 2012

In perfect timing

As a mother of a child with special needs, I probably over analyze everything. The past week, I've been reading too much on what other kids with hemi cp are doing at the 10 month range. I think as mothers we do this anyways, even when are kids don't have a form of special needs. Having my first son, who is ahead of the game on everything, threw off my radar anyways. So, I've been feeling like I'm not doing enough for Karsen. I'm not working on his physical therapy enough when his therapist isn't here. At the same time, I feel like I'm not doing enough with Karter, to make sure he's getting enough attention. Two kids can really make you feel stretched thin.  Well, once again, Mary Beth the amazing to the rescue! First words that came out of her mouth at our session today "He's doing so good! He's so strong!" Ok, so I am doing enough. He is still moving forward! His core is getting stronger. He's doing all the right things to get him toward sitting up and crawling. It's always nice to have a professional reassure you.  This morning I woke up discouraged, especially since his seizures started to increase again, yesterday 5, today already 6. 1 hour and 40 minutes later (Mary Beth is only suppose to be there for an hour, I LOVE her! ) She left me feeling so much better and so proud of the strides my son has made. For those of you that read my post "Welcome to Holland" I should be reading it more frequent. In fact, I think I might put it in a frame and hang it in my living room. This journey is different. It's special. It's hard, but rewarding. It's not a 100 yard dash, it's a marathon. It's challenging. It's strengthening. It's meant for me.  
It's.... Perfect!


No comments:

Post a Comment