Our journey through life with hemiplegic cerebral palsy and infantile spasms

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

MRI Results

Our doctor called us the very next day to go over the MRI results. It was no shock, for once, when she told me it was confirmed Karsen had left hemiplegic cerebral palsy. He had suffered a stroke in-utero. I had no clue infants, let alone an unborn baby, could have a stroke. My poor baby. The cause of his stroke was a blood clot. The next step is to do blood work to find out if he had the blood clot or if it was the placenta. I hate that they have to draw blood. I'm dreading that appointment. I pray that Karsen doesn't need to be put on blood thinners. The good to come out of this? Now I can get him into more physical therapy since he has an official diagnosis. So, time to be  a squeaky wheel and get things done for my little man.

No comments:

Post a Comment