Our journey through life with hemiplegic cerebral palsy and infantile spasms

Monday, August 26, 2013

Waiting to hear back

We had our first appointment today with Karsen's newest member on his team, his pediatric ENT. It went surprisingly smooth.  Both boys were angels and Karsen even put up with the doctor looking down his throats and ears. I was impressed. The only hiccup we had was finding Karsen's new fear of elevators. He would not let go of me, holding on as tight as he could while screaming his head off. I don't blame him, I'm not a huge fan either. I came to the appointment guns a loaded. Had loads of pictures of Karsen's rash along with our attempts to stop his drool/ash in any other way. What do you know, I didn't need a single one! The doctor actually listened to me! So we have a plan, we are deciding to go the Botox route. I know, Botox for my two year old?! Pretty cool. The doctor wants to talk to a fellow pediatric ENT to find the best route to take, then he's calling me back to schedule the appointment. Karsen will have to be put under for this but it isn't surgery. We're hoping this will be the trick to stopping it for awhile, and when it slowly wears off he'll be able to learn to control it more. 

So all in all, it was a good trip. Mission accomplished and I didn't even have to squeak once ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment