Our journey through life with hemiplegic cerebral palsy and infantile spasms

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

He's walking

After a few bad days, things are starting to look up. Yesterday we had an appointment with Karsen's eye doc. While waiting in the exam room Karsen decided to free stand for a minute and a half (yes, I counted). The doctor came in, was shocked at how well Karsen was doing considering his medical chart and also said there's a good possibility his eyes may have strengthened enough to no longer need the glasses. Twelve more weeks and we'll check it out to see. Woo hoo! First good visit in a while. 

Bright and arly this morning we headed to pt. Karsen did great. Didn't fuss one bit. Off the run a few errands then to group. Well, after I was telling a dear friend that Karsen free stood for a minute and a half yesterday, he just started walking. I'm not joking, he took 8 steps, then 15 steps then was walking all the way across the room. I got chills, I started getting chocked up. We both needed some good news. He was doing his best by showing off for his speech therapist by signing up a storm. Today was a good day. I have a feeling the rest of this week will follow. 

My dear friend, Amy, has season passes to six flags and guest passes as well.  Apparently they want kids to be able to take three steps before you can get on their rides. Well, looks like we're heading out Monday. Quite the treat for my little man, and boy does he deserve it.


No comments:

Post a Comment