Our journey through life with hemiplegic cerebral palsy and infantile spasms

Monday, August 19, 2013

Can't keep up

I'm proud to say I almost can't keep up with the amount of signs that Karsen picks up daily. It seems like he picks up a new one a day to every other day. The communication frustration has really gotten a lot better. Now I just think we are dealing with normal toddler behavior and outbursts. There's still that extra frustration level for him that I think is more than normal toddler behavior and yes I still get stared at but it's not as bad as it use to be. Here's what Karsen currently signs: 
Water
Milk (only a handful of times)
More
All done
Bye
Yes
No
Cereal
Thank you
Please
Bubbles
Chicken (I think he thinks all birds are chickens)
Dog
Hot
Go
Up
Down

Were still working on:
Mommy
Daddy
Want
Cracker

I'm looking for suggestions of some signs to work on too. If you can think of any I'd love to hear from you.

On another good note, Karsen is starting to get really brave and is walking across the living room to other furniture. He's doing so good. We had a bit of a set back over the weekend. He and I both got sick and it always seems he looses a bit of motor function when he get sick. But hey, don't we all just want to lay around and be slugs when we are sick?

Things are really starting to move along here in the Williamson house. We are started to get use to our new normal of preschool and therapy sessions. The best part? I have two hours during the week where I can read a book or go for a run, do whatever I please in those two one hour time slots. It was quite nice today to start reading a book again, for fun! Haven't read a book for fun in a while. 

One of Karsen's favorite places to be, our garden. He loves playing the rocks while I pick my veggies and pull the weeds. I love my country boy.



No comments:

Post a Comment