Our journey through life with hemiplegic cerebral palsy and infantile spasms

Friday, November 30, 2012

Change of pace

Today I wont be talking about Karsen, ok, maybe I will a bit. But today I will be talking about me. Why? Because my life and journey isn't just about Karsen and his CP or seizures. My life is just that, my life. 

In exactly two days I will be running my first ever marathon. And of course the weather could not be better, NOT! I was starting to panic a bit and stress out about the weather but bottom line, I'm just going to have fun. Yes, I will be drench, tired, and windblown with thousands (yes, thousands) of people, but I know it's going to feel so good to finish. I signed up for this marathon originally because I was on a runners high after my first half marathon. The training quickly became my outlet to kid free me time. I didn't realize how much I needed to get away from the therapy, the schooling, the appointments, all of it. Nothing but you and the pavement (and my music of course). A recent weather update is making me a tad nervous. Watch for yourself.... oh well, time goals are out the window and I'm officially running it to have fun and finish. Boy am I ready for the training to be over. I didn't realize how much training really went on when you train for a marathon. Like I said, I have done a half before which I trained for all of 8 weeks, easy peasy. For this one I have been training since late August. That's a long time to stay committed to an exact running schedule. But let me tell you, it has kept me in check mentally and physically. 

Wish my boys could see me cross the finish line, but the weather is just not kid friendly. Wish me luck!

BRING IT ON CIM!!!!!


Oh and let's not forget Kuper's company Christmas party is that evening.... whew, I'm going to be one tired cookie!

This was the start line last year. See, thousands of people.

1 comment: