Our journey through life with hemiplegic cerebral palsy and infantile spasms

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thankful

With Thanksgiving coming, can't believe it's tomorrow, I have been mental noting what I am thankful for this year. The list is never ending. I feel so incredibly blessed to have so many amazing people in my life. First there are two, actually three, obvious blessings in my life (no I am not pregnant). My two amazing boys and my fabulous husband. I have moments where I just cry knowing how blessed I am to being apart of their lives. Three is three things I am especially thankful for this year. One being our amazing OT, Mary Beth. She has turned into a close friend, and someone I would trust with the my children in a heart beat (that says a lot). I know Karsen wouldn't be as far as he is now if it weren't for her helping him one on one or her teaching me how to help him. Two, my best friend Brittany. Cheesy as it may be, she is my soul sister. She knows me like no one else. We have bond that no one can break. Her family, her boys, all have a very special place in my heart. I don't really think she understand the impact she has made in my life, and how she has helped me to be a better mom, a better wife, and a better friend. And last but not least, I'm thankful for you guys, for those of you that have kept me going, kept me blogging. My goal was to help others in hard situations, find strength in themselves and know they aren't alone. Not too long ago I was contacted my someone that doesn't know me at all, no through connections, or Facebook. She found my blog because of a google search (you know who you are ;-)). Her friend is going through the same journey and start that I was at not that long ago. THIS is way I do this. Here I sit, crying, thankful for her search, thankful for my purpose, thankful for all of you. Weather you came here to catch up on Karsen's progress, or trying to get therapy tips, or just finding out about CP diagnosis, I hope I have helped you in some way. I hope I have helped you find the good in the bad. This year has brought so many trails in my life, but so many great things have come from it. So yes, I am thankful for you!

Oh and one more thankful item..... How could I forget this.... 5 MONTHS SEIZURE FREE!!!!!

Here's some pics I found from this time last year. (before we knew about the IS and CP)
My Sweet boys!




No comments:

Post a Comment