Our journey through life with hemiplegic cerebral palsy and infantile spasms

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

How did we get here

That's a good question, how on earth did we get here? How did we get through those first three years of Karsen's life? How did we not break? How did we come out of it even stronger than before? One word, God. 
I would love to sit here and take credit for all the strides Karsen has made, all the wonderful things our family has done, how together we all are, the reality is, I can't. God has done some amazing things in my life, two of them being my amazing kids. I also would like to say our family is perfectly imperfect. That's right, we are all beautifully flawed. I am no where near the perfect mom. I could have more patience with my kids, keep up on the laundry more, keep dishes out of the sink more, play with my kids more, read to my kids more, we all have lots of room for improvement. I know one thing is certain, God picked ME to be Karter and Karsen's mom. He chose me to raise them, love them and care for them. What a privilege. And wow is it exhausting. It's had some serious downs and some amazing highs, just like any of your life struggles, life stories. We are still in the thick of it, being tested daily, some times hourly. I still struggle with the constant desire of wanting what I don't have, wanting my boy to start talking, wanting him to be "normal". In the midst of these struggles I'm reminded and what beauty Karsen has brought into my life. There was no mistake when God created Karsen. Karsen shows me the light without even knowing it. I love more than I've ever loved before. My heart is wide open with no fear. 
How'd we get here? How'd we survive? How do we continue when it's rough? How do we love with out fear? How. Do. We. Live? 
One day at a time. One hour at a time. One minute at a time. One breath at a time. One prayer at a time.
Enjoy the beauty. Enjoy the ride. Live in that one exact moment. 

Live now.

No comments:

Post a Comment