Our journey through life with hemiplegic cerebral palsy and infantile spasms

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Diet change

Karsen has handled the diet change remarkably well. We had our first big melt down when his brother and friends were eating mac n cheese and he was stuck with gluten free raisin bread with peanut butter. I don't blame him, I would want to stuff my face, burry it in cheese. Ha. If it were me required to change my diet, it wouldn't be pretty, not gunna lie. 
We've seen some amazing results. Karsen now sleeps until 5:30-6:30, sometimes even as late as 7:15. He even started pooping daily, TMI I know, something he's never done. We are STILL waiting on his blood work to come back and the additional tests we had done. Karter also had blood work done to see if he is having any food allergies as well, his tonsils need to come out, the kid snores like no other. If it's food related we may be able to avoid surgery for Karter. Not the kid I would think would need surgery but it's such a minor surgery, if needed I really wouldn't be concerned. 
Karsen's mood seems better, he seems to have less tantrums, although they do still happen, I'm not sure if that's a diet change or just growing in maturity. He's starting to try to talk a lot more now as well. Again, don't know if that's diet change or just him growing. Either way, we are thrilled. 
Karsen's 8 hour EEG is Thursday. We aren't 100% sure if he's having seizures or not! since they look so different than the ones he had before it's hard to tell. Praying we get some answers, and they get enough info in the 8 hours we will be there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment