Our journey through life with hemiplegic cerebral palsy and infantile spasms

Thursday, October 31, 2013

EEG results

Our neurologist called yesterday to let us know the results of the EEG. The good news? His infantile spasms has not returned. The bad news? His EEG is very irregular and puts him at very high risk for seizures. So what do we do? The same thing we have been doing, watch him like a hawk. I wish she was able to tell me what movement to look out for but every brain is different as well as every body. So we just watch for any/all. I knew that he would always be high risk for seizures, especially since he had them before. It's nice to be able to check off infantile spasms off of his medical chart....well, ok it will still be there, but it is no longer a current diagnosis. :-)

Karsen has his hearing test this morning. I'm ready to get some answers and see if his hearing is at all a contributing factor to the lack of speech. 

Tonight the boys are going trick or treating (a small neighbor hood) and then going to a trunk or treat. Karsen is going as a monkey (fingers crossed that the costume fits him), if that doesn't work out we are going to do Clark Kent. Put a super man shirt under a white button up. I figured it was a perfect fit with his glasses. Karter (Karsen's older brother) is going to be a power ranger. I always envy those moms that come up with these super cute matching, or family costumes but that's just not me. I will be going as a mom and I will admire all the cute costumes out there. ;-)

I hope you are all having a fabulous Halloween. If you are handing out candy keep in mind of the many issues some kids may have, some may be non verbal, some may have a sensory disorder, there is so much more. I know tonight might be hard on Karsen and I can only hope and pray people are understanding. Be safe, check your child's candy (steal a few for yourself), and never take your eye off your kid for one second in crowded areas. Ok enough mom talk. Happy Halloween!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment