Our journey through life with hemiplegic cerebral palsy and infantile spasms

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Huge progress

We have now hit the two week mark (and then some) of no corn or oats. I'm happy to announce Karsen is no longer screaming when he poops and is doing it every other day to every day. Who knew I would be so excited about poop. I forgot how hard cloth diapers can be, but boy am I happy he seems to feel much better. No more runny nose! It's still been very challenging for us, the quick easy meals no longer exist, and grabbing on the go is impossible. It's made my kitchen a disaster, but has made me plan a lot more ahead of time. Karsen has started to adjust, as well as Karter. We've been eating a lot of fruits and veggies, and juicing Just about anything you can imagine and Karsen is sucking them down! I think he eats better than me. :-)

Today Karsen free stood for 20 seconds. I couldn't believe it. Since this week his therapy team is on spring break I took it upon myself to do some hard work with him at home while Karter was at preschool. For 20 minutes he stood at a toy using his hand every few seconds to steady himself. I was blown away. I can tell he wants to walk so bad! I got a glimpse of the light at the end of the tunnel, and so did Karsen. He was so proud of himself. I can't wait to see him take his first true, stable steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment