Our journey through life with hemiplegic cerebral palsy and infantile spasms

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

First bread, then juice

My friends and family are amazing and such a huge support. We got a bread maker from a long time family friend and then yesterday one of our good friends gave us a really nice juicer! Both have already been put to good use. I seriously don't know where to begin with these generous people. 

Karsen has been eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with out a problem, which is hard to believe since he's been such a picky eater, he's really starting to come around. Of course on our freshly made, corn free, oat free bread. This mornings juice he sucked down in a matter of minutes. I decided to throw in quite a bit of spinach, some jicama, grapes, oranges, and a few blue berries. Boy did I do a good job of making it look gross. ha. 

We are most likely going to be getting chickens soon. If you didn't know, most chickens are fed corn feed, so you could see where that would be a problem since Karsen's highly allergic. I'm pretty excited, and of course Karter will probably pick out the chickens, he has one at my sisters house named McQueen. I can only imagine the names he is going to pick for ours. It will be nice to be able to give the chickens all of that pulp from the juicer I just put straight in the trash (we don't have a compost yet).

We are snuggled up indoors today, and although I've enjoyed the beautiful sunny weather, this raining snuggle day is just what I needed. The best part? Karsen's PT had to cancel today so we've had a completely relaxing day. It's been pretty nice. I'll probably yank out the sensory bins in a few in hopes to get dinner going. 

Staying cozy and enjoying this down poor of a day. Feeling incredibly blessed I can even stay home to do this.


No comments:

Post a Comment