Our journey through life with hemiplegic cerebral palsy and infantile spasms

Friday, December 6, 2013

Two days is the day

Finally the day has come! Today we head out to UC Davis where Karsen will be getting Botox injections into all of his salivary glands. I'm on a roller coaster of emotions right now. I'm anxious, nervous, excited all in one. My hope is his will work. I'm nervous about him being put under again. The last time was when he was 7 months old and it was rough. What should have taken forty five minutes took well over four hours. This time, let's hope it's much different. 

Karsen is extra cranky this morning since he hasn't had any food and in about an hour will be cut off of liquids. :-( I hate having to do this to him. All he keeps doing is crying and signing cereal to me. I'm so sorry sweet boy, hopefully this will all be worth it. 

I plan on writing a post with out whole expirience with it after a couple of days, when the Botox takes affect. Please say a little prayer for Karsen and his team of doctors working on him today.

No comments:

Post a Comment