Our journey through life with hemiplegic cerebral palsy and infantile spasms

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Finally


After many phones, many weeks, too many months we finally have our appointment for the Botox! Friday! So excited we are getting it done before Christmas. The best gift to give to us is a rsh free Christmas. Fingers crossed it works. In some cases it didn't work at all. Let's hope that's not us. 

So, Friday we have to go through the process that anyone else does for surgery, even though it's not surgery. He will have to be put under, which makes me nervous, but they do it every day to kids much younger. No food eight hours before, no fluids two hours before. Good thing our appointment is at 11:00am. I have no clue the actual procedure will take, we'll find out that day. 

It can take up to a week for the Botox to take full affect. I'm hoping for less than that but I guess I can be a little more patient. 

I'm praying so hard this works. I am SO ready to be done with the piles of laundry from one single day, and the constant rashes that irritate Karsen to the point of bleeding. Please say a little prayer on Friday for us. Kuper can't get work off so I will be flying solo. I already expect to be a mess when they put him under, I was over a year ago, I will be on Friday, and that's ok.so if you have the time, please shoot a quick prayer for us.

Hope you had a fabulous thanksgiving! Oh and Karsen's favorite was the stuffing and the pumkpin pie. :-) I love seeing him enjoy food, it was not that long ago eating was a huge challenge for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment