Our journey through life with hemiplegic cerebral palsy and infantile spasms

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Tough talk

Today I had to do something I'm sure no likes to do, I had to fire Karsen's PT. Do you guys remember when I talked about Karsen's last PT visit that we had to cut short. Well, the decision is something that didn't come easy for me. How would you fire a PT when you feel like it's just not the right fit? Well, we talked today after Karsen's OT session this morning (which by the way went amazing). Tom, his OT, talked to me and said he had heard through the grapevine things weren't going well with Vickie. Well, in walks Vickie toward the end of our session, and before I have anytime to get sick to my stomach or nervous about it, Tom pushes me to talk to her right then and there. I'm very grateful he did that. It made it go very smooth and was over before you know it. So, after Kuper and I get back from Vegas (that's right, Kuper and I will be going to Vegas SOLO!) We will have our first session with our new PT, Pat. 

We had group today, but it was at a park which was a nice change of pace. It was combined with all the other groups that our early intervention program puts on. I got to catch up with a few other people I never get to see and see their kids run all over the park which was so exciting. Well, Karsen decided to fall asleep in the car on the way home and woke up right when we pulled into our driveway.... :-/ I tried to put him back down for a nap.... with no luck. I heard him playing, so in I went to pull him out. I opened the door to see those two beautiful blue eyes staring at me from above the crib rail. Did you hear that?! Above the crib rail! He pulled himself to standing! Of course he does it when I'm not looking, little stinker. I'm pretty amazed at what he has figured out to do "his" way. 

He's one tough cookie. Each day we both seem to be getting less frustrated and the communication is starting to click. Not only is he using more signs (even in the last day) but I'm picking up on them fast. Makes for a much easier day for all. 

I'll leave you with a sweet picture of my boys bikin and walkin. 






No comments:

Post a Comment