Our journey through life with hemiplegic cerebral palsy and infantile spasms

Monday, May 6, 2013

Please...

In the last two weeks a light bulb has been turned on for Karsen. He started signing please, and doggy, and staying strong with yes and all done. Yesterday, on a drive home I asked Karsen to say mama and he said ma!!!! It's a tiny but huge step in the right direction.

He's really starting to figure out his walker and is doing quite well in it. I'll post pictures when I have time to actually take pictures. We are getting close to walking but it's 100% confidence that he is lacking. He'll walk around holding my hand for a while but the minute I let go he sits down. He's also very close to pulling himself up to standing.

The biggest improvement we've seen in the last three days is his awareness of his left arm. He's starting to move it when given the command and is starting to play with his hand, I even noticed him use it as a helper!!!

Karsen has given just a glimpse of how amazing and awesome he is and how many things he is breaking through. I'm so proud of him!

Oh and I forgot to mention, back on goes the eye patch for an hour and a half a day. Glasses will probably be on until he's at least ten if not forever. Good thing he looks so stinkin cute with glasses on.

No comments:

Post a Comment