Our journey through life with hemiplegic cerebral palsy and infantile spasms

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Out of no where

Today Karsen 100% caught me off guard. While Karter was in karate, Karsen and I got to play with Karter's preschool teachers. I was standing him up like I always do, trying to see if he would stand independently. Apparently he thought that would be too little. He decided to take THREE INDEPENDENT STEPS! I could have cried! We atempted a few more time, because you know mom knows how to push it to far, and he took two steps independently. I was in total shock. I still am. Didn't expect to see that for a while. At group therapy today, I kept telling them he's so close to walking, didn't think I was saying that for today. I'm one serious proud mama over here. It is still going to be a while before he's truly independently walking, but it's a huge start. What's funny about it? His walker was just approved my insurance and should be here in less than a month. I'm thrilled he might only use it for a month or so.

Signing yes and independent steps in one week? He's pretty much amazing.



1 comment: